Sunday, September 16, 2007

Birthday and Punk Rock Flashbacks




So I'm walking out of Ozone Bikes and I see this guy wearing a Plaid Retina shirt. I say those guys were great. We chat for a bit and he says hes in a band with the bass player. Kinda strange as the band wasn't huge (but very well should have been) It was cool just to think about their music again.
My coworker, Tommy, tells me his room mate decided to have a party at their place. We ride over to the house and get some beer. As we load the fridge with the beer, I notice an issue of Cometbus on the fridge. He says it's his room mate's. I later ask her her about the issue as it is not very common to come across one. She says her ex was friends with Aaron. I explain to her how much Crimpshrine meant to me growing up.
She has some friends from Chapel Hill, NC and as a long shot conversation starter I mention the only thing I know about Chapel Hill. Have you ever heard of Hellbender? To which she replys, "They played at my 16th birthday party. I tell her we (Laughing Stock) played with them a long time ago at the Blue Flamingo. They were really great. I bought their cd and eventually lost it. I later struggled to score it the vinyl on ebay.
Weird way to lead into my birthday. I ate some pizza and had a pitcher of beer for lunch with Brandon(my coworker). Then she stopped by the bike shop to bring me an Oreo cupcake with twenty candles on it. Awesomeness!
This already a good one. Now, I wanna listen to some old stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment