Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Karate Hand Luke & Philo Beddoe

Woke up had some Grape Nuts. Started my day. Called Brandon to borrow a headset press, fork crown setter, cutting guide, and some American hex wrenches. Rode my grocery bike over to Walgreen's to buy some charcoal lighter fluid. Busted open my Tofurky Beer Brats. Lit the coals and sat down to watch George Bush and Nancy Pelosi duke it out verbally on CNN. Brandon showed up with the tools and my Kona Unit 2-9 painted green. Thanks Brandon for making my bike look incredible. But for right now I am feeling a bit Surly. The Kona is going to wait to be built up. Put the Brats on the grill. Started building up my Karate Monkey and flipped the channel to AMC. Cool Hand Luke was on. I decided if I had a son I would make him watch it and then have a discussion about it afterward. The movie was the pefect sound track to Monkey building. The Surly built up real nice and carried me into Any Which Way You Can. I ate the Brats with grill softened onions on some buns with mustard. Drank a couple of ice cold IBC's. Put some platform pedals on the KM and zipped over to Ozone to grab my birth certificate, which my mom sent priority mail. Showed the bike to co-workers. Fucking bike shop dudes. They always grab at your brake levers or second guess your building ability. But I could tell they thought it was snazzy. Rode back to the Speedway Post Office. Stood in line to submit my application for a passport. At this point I came home. It was warmer inside my house than outside, so I hopped on the KM again and rolled over to Clown Dog to hang out and show my new bike and apologize for being a drunken ass Friday night. Cruised home. I forgot what a cool fucking bike Surly's Karate Monkey is. I'll have pictures up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment