Thursday, March 13, 2008

Went to the Air Raid Show the Other Night@Red7

Saw Naked Raygun,Complete Control,Hex Dispensers,Shot Baker,Municipal Waste,Cancer Bats,Dub Trio,Iron Lung,The Architects, and Fight Amputation.

I went to see Naked Raygun, but I enjoyed quite a bit that night.
My favorites were Fight Amputation from West Berlin, New Jersey; Iron Lung from Seattle, Washington; Cancer Bats from Toronto, Ontario; The Hex Dispensers from ATX; Municipal Waste from Richmond Virginia,; and of course Naked Raygun.

I didn't bring my camera, but I caught some video with my phone when I remembered during Naked Raygun that I could...I may add this later via Bluetooth.

I got to the show relatively early and really enjoyed Fight Amp. Slow and heavy, but bright and catchy..if that makes any sense.

Iron Lung is a two man, guitar and drum band. Really fast and relatively brutal. The drummer rants with a witty snip as entertaining as they are relentless.

The Cancer Brats are a super high energy metal band. The vocalist brought as much energy to the stage as I've seen in a long time. While the music might have lost me the performance wouldn't let go.

The Hex Dispensers
delivered a wonderfully nostalgic retro punk with full respect to The Ramones and the era when that shit got me really pumped. Driving drums and and catchy vox set to faithful rhythm.

Municipal Waste took the stage and true to reputation, wreaked havoc on an adoring audience. Lots of beer bong, snide stabs at the band performing behind them, Body surfing, Ceiling dives, and slam dancing like I haven't seen since the 80's. They music fast, tight, and fully charged.

By the time Naked Raygun came on I was exhausted. They totally rocked as I would have expected and remembered (I saw them sometime in the early nineties at The Cannibal Club). I stuck around for several songs and heard my favorite, Walk in Cold.

My beer budget for the evening, strained back, jammed thumb, and jacked knee all needed me to go home.

I mounted my Specialized- commute -hopper and split.

Weird thing ...I have never seen so many Brooks Saddles downtown. I felt so incredibly hip!

No comments:

Post a Comment